In February we contacted our 36 clients from the past 3 years and asked them to complete a customer satisfaction survey questionnaire. The results have been very encouraging with some food for thought thrown in.
When we sent out the survey we weren’t sure how many responses we would get, so we incentivised it to encourage participation. For each completed response we made a £10 donation to the Centre for Alternative Technology (CAT), supporting their work tackling climate change. Whilst 12 responses may seem a low figure, it represents a 33% response rate, which we felt was fantastic. Furthermore, the data paints a very positive picture of the work that AT Creative delivers. Below we reveal the data.
1.On a scale of 0-10 how happy are you with the app we developed for you? Please explain your score
Here we scored an average of 9.58! The feedback was very generous and included:
- Does exactly what we want it to do
- It completely meets the brief
- Great customer service, very helpful. Tailored the app to our requirements
- Love the finished product and appreciate all the extra fixes and additional content decided on the way!
- Great service, attention to detail, timelines adhered to, helpful, friendly, patient – very professional
- I simply can’t think of anything more than we’d needed to support the artistic vision of the project
One respondent who didn’t score a ten commented, “It was fine as the framework but the quality of the whole product was dependent on the many hours of time and input from internal resources.” An app project is generally not a small undertaking and as the saying goes, “content is king!”. Ensuring the quality of the content can be a time consuming business, especially if your app has multiple trails. In this instance we weren’t asked to help with curating content and populating the app, but it is a service we offer and one we enjoy. Building apps is one thing but getting under the skin of a project and helping to create content is not only something we enjoy, but also something we believe we are pretty good at.
Need help with content creation?
Our team are heritage interpretation experts. We can provide training for or produce copy, scripts for audio, record oral histories, create 3D models and animations. We can also upload app content on your behalf. Read more or get in touch.
2.What’s your favourite feature in the app we developed for you?
We had a nice mixture of responses that we feel point to some strong functionality in our app platforms. Yet, the linking theme was generally related to our apps core functionality: location-aware content and the magic around making that work in the real world:
- GPS Location Tracking
- The ability to walk around an area and it triggering a flag on the map
- That the map shows all the trails together and separately
- Flexibility provided by setting a radius around the trigger point
- The pin points for specific locations
The Photo Filters/Souvenir Selfies feature was also popular. The apps below all allow app users to select unique camera filters (only available in the app), take a photo and share their momento with family, friends and followers via Social Media.
3.What would have made your experience with us better (tick all that apply)?
We gave a number of pre-selected options for users to choose from: lower price (1 response), faster response times, quicker delivery, friendlier customer service and more/greater app functionality (1 response). More than half of the respondents selected ‘none of the above’.
The lower price response was linked to a project without external funding. We know our app platform is incredible value for money and feature-rich, especially compared with other options available. The answer linked to greater app functionality included, “Not sure what(!)”. However, we continue to add new functionality to our platforms and always welcome ideas and challenges. The way we have built our Places and Trails and Audio Trails (external link) platforms allows new functionality to be easily added in the future.
We also left a space for ‘other’ responses. Two comments related to combining the linking of the Places and Trails within the CMS. This is something we are looking at. One further comment included “meeting face to face”. This particular project occurred during Covid, making this very difficult. However, we do like to get out on site to familiarise ourselves with the project area, and where possible to do testing before we release the app to our clients.
How intuitive is the CMS?
Our Content Management System (CMS) allows you to add and edit Places and Trails to your app, when you want to. It’s easy to use and changes you make go live straightaway.
4.What was the most memorable thing from your experience with us?
We were blown away with the feedback we received here:
- Dan doing a video explaining the process [of adding content to the CMS – we tend to do this online so it can be recorded and shared with you for future reference]
- Amazing customer service and honest advice made this so easy. Everything happened at a good pace and your response time was fantastic!
- Friendly and supportive communication
- Client liaison was excellent and Dan is very good at it
- Flexibility in the early stages when you were working together with [our] team as the ideas for the app evolved
- Quick, friendly, helpful response and perfect product delivered within timeframe
- How easy the process was from start to finish
- Dan’s support throughout our funding application process, through to project delivery – felt very supported
- The whole process was professional and caring from end-to-end
- Friendly and approachable to work with. Would be very happy to recommend!
- The good humour and patience when we didn’t understand things or were behind with our content
High quality customer service and exceeding the expectations of our clients is our number one goal. To see this reflected in our customer satisfaction survey is fantastic!Dan Boys, Owner/Director AT Creative
5.How did you find us?
For this question we also provided some options, and understandably some respondents couldn’t recall the process they took as their initial research was 3+ years ago. For those that could recall it was an even split between word of mouth/recommendation and Google. The answers given in question 4 hopefully explain why a large amount of our work does indeed come via recommendations.
6 Is there anything else you would like us to know about your experience with us?
This final question was left open ended and most respondents left this empty. However, the responses we did receive re-affirmed the answers above:
- We had initial reservations about how we could engage and work remotely with you. Very early into the project these concerns disappeared. You very much became a member of our project team and guided the delivery of our App.
- You’ve always been very helpful…I felt that you were doing everything possible to facilitate the development of the app, to do what we wanted and for it to look the way we wanted.
- I enjoyed working with you and wouldn’t hesitate to recommend your services to others.
High quality customer service and exceeding the expectations of our clients is our number one goal. To see this reflected in our customer satisfaction survey is fantastic news and alongside our robust app platforms and content creation services we hope that you will trust us to deliver your heritage trails/location aware app project.
Get a fantastic location-aware app platform with excellent customer service
By choosing AT Creative to deliver your app you are selecting a company with a long and strong track record in app development and customer satisfaction.